Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mini Portfolio

Hi Everyone, welcome to my blog! Before becoming an animation major, I started my career at SJSU as a Computer Scientist, which regrettably wasn't at all how I had imagined it, and I bombed terribly. School became a place I loathed attending. So, I took a chance at pursuing something I though I'd never have a talent for: Animation and Illustration. I picked up my art board and joined my very first art class. I received an A and thought "I might just make it in this crazy town" and switched majors. Since then I've been doing worlds better and school is a challenge I welcome with every new course. Here's a little bit of what I've done in the past couple of years. And I mean a couple; I never took an any art classes before college, which goes to show just how good SJSU's art program is.

This is a piece from my Art 12 Class, the Second Art class I took, called the Personal Symbol. The medium was black paper cut out and mounted on a white illustration board.




This is the final piece from my Art 122A class last semester. The idea was to do a self portrait with an old saying behind it. Mine was "lookers on see most of the game." This was a reverse drawing and is about 20"x29"

Here are the links to my videos. I couldn't get them to post here, so I uploaded them onto YouTube instead, which seems to work.

This link will take you to my hand drawn final animation from Art 28-Introduction to Animation and Illustration, which I took about a year ago now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jddlVrZaoI

And this link is for my final in Art 51- Animation in Maya, which I took just last semester.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66QqWdmbQYw

1 comment:

  1. That's nice work. Putting the YouTube link in your blog is fine but try embedding the YouTube video. If you can get that to work it's easier to see the work. But sometimes Blogger is cranky when it comes to playing video, whether it's uploaded directly or embedded from YouTube so don't waste too much time if it doesn't work.
    10 points

    ReplyDelete