Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stop Animation of Falling

For my stop animation video of something falling, I decided to use a pokeball. I have a bunch of these from my childhood, each of which had a pokemon inside that you could take out and use as a key-chain. I chose a lap-table for my background, because I thought it would make a good reference of where to keep my camera centered on the scene. I added a stick at the bottom to work as the floor. For the falling animation, I taped the Pokeball in place for each shot to keep it from swiveling too much during it's fall. I also planned out the scene so that the button would land on the ground on the bounce following the fall, allowing the pokemon to jump out. I tried to add a tiny bit of lag time on the ball's falling action when the Pokemon first appears, as that's typically what would happen in the cartoon (The ball would open and stay midair, falling only after the pokemon was released). I put all of the shots together in QuickTimePro. My Name and Title I created later on my white board, which is a part of my desk. Anyway, here's the film.

Charmeleon, I Choose YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Timing and spacing isn't quite right but you picked an ambitious combination of bounces to animate.
    Believability 9 of 12 points
    Creativity 6 of 8 points
    Total: 15 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete