Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Stop-Motion Character Animation

I realized as I was putting the movie together that it was a bit overambitious, and the types of models I was working with couldn't move all that smoothly, nor did I have invisible string to make them have more rising/falling action on their turns, but I charged ahead in hopes that at least pieces of the film would come out okay. Because the models are stiff I tried a Toy Story approach in animating them; they're toy figurines in a person's room going about their own schedule. I suppose I got so wrapped up in wanting to do this story that I sort of got in over my head. I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Story is basically a peaceful setting of pokemon enjoying their daily lives, until a trainer comes around trying to catch one of them. All of the pokemon figures flee, up until one of them can't keep up with the crowd and the trainer gains on them. One of the faster pokemon returns and sacrifices itself to save the other, and as the trainer leaves with his prize, the free pokemon look at each other in worry, wondering at the fate of their friend....

Don't Get Caught

1 comment:

  1. Ambitious indeed! Good job, given the limitations of the character models. Some of the lighting detracted from the continuity.
    Believability & Accuracy: 8 of 12 points
    Creativity: 8 of 8 points
    Total: 16 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete