Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creating Stereoscopic 3D Images

 I thought it would be interesting to get the moving island to pop out and look 3D, so I chose this scene. I tried to make the microwave the balancing point.


This is perhaps the worst of the three, mostly because I couldn't be the camera person, and my dad didn't understand what I wanted him to do. I pop out of the scene, but everything else looks funny.


Here's the photo I took on campus. It was the first one I did so I'm not so sure how successful it was.

1 comment:

  1. These are good but you have to remember that when an object (island or you) is sitting on the floor then there's conflicting visual cues. By occlusion, the floor is behind (inside) the frame. But the object is on the floor and by stereopsis it's positioned in front of the screen. Understand?
    Correctness: 14 points (out of 14)
    Creativity: 4 points (out of 6)
    Total: 18 points

    ReplyDelete